The meetings of The Edmund Burke Society (Aust):
The next meeting to be advised.
TOPIC: Postmodernism – the metaphysical and epistemological issues as compared with Edmund Burke’s ideas on knowledge and
To understand what’s really going on in the politics of the left one has to have a basic knowledge of postmodernist theory.
VENUE: Pure South Dining, Southbank, Central Melbourne. 7 pm.
The general theme of this year’s meetings is Marxism and its offshoots (postmodernism, identity politics, gender theory) compared with Burke’s philosophy.
FORMAT FOR 2019 MEETINGS:
– The meetings will be in seminar format.
– Handouts with discussion points will be handed to each seminar attendee.
– The seminar will proceed between the serving of drinks and food.
References for Marxism and postmodernism:
- Marxism: For and Against, Robert L. Heilbroner
- Marxism Unmasked, Ludwig von Mises
- A Short History of Modern Philosophy, Descartes to Wittgenstein, Chapters 14 & 15, Roger Scruton
- Stephen Hicks, Explaining Postmodernism
- Edward Feser, Aquinas (an introduction)
For information about the meetings, please use the Contact page or ring 0419 002 163 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Details are on our Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/edmundburkesociety/EDIT