I intend to re-post on this website some of the comments and essays I had posted on another website (they are no longer there). These are comments and essays that I consider important for the understanding of and application of Edmund Burke’s thought. As it turns out, the present commentary coincides with yet another display of treachery by members of the Liberal Party.
(click on graphics to enlarge)
- 12 September 2015, Saturday, Abbott in Perth campaigning for the Canning by-election.
- 12 September 2015, Bishop and Turnbull have a meeting at a Sydney hotel “to discuss where things stood’’.
- 13 September 2015, Sunday, Abbot in Adelaide, meets with Pyne.
- 13 September 2015, Sunday night, Turnbull and his war room meet over dinner at Peter Hendy’s Queanbeyan house.
- 14 September 2015, Monday, at 8.30 am, Abbott at the Norwood Traffic Centre with South Australian Premier Jay Weatherill. No idea of conspiracy.
- 14 September 2015, midday, Bishop tells Abbott there’s a challenge to his leadership and proposes three options.
- 14 September 2015, 3.10 pm, after question time, Turnbull accosts Abbott.
- 14 September 2015, in a press conference just after 4 pm, Turnbull declares: “A little while ago I met with the prime minister and advised him that I would be challenging him for the leadership of the Liberal Party…’
- 14 September 2015, 9 pm Abbott lies bleeding from 54 stab wounds