Transgender politics have taken Americans by surprise, and caught some lawmakers off guard.
Just a few short years ago, not many could have imagined a high-profile showdown over transgender men and women’s access to single-sex bathrooms in North Carolina.
But transgender ideology is not just infecting our laws. It is intruding into the lives of the most innocent among us—children—and with the apparent growing support of the professional medical community.
As explained in my 2016 peer reviewed article, “Gender Dysphoria in Children and Suppression of Debate,” professionals who dare to question the unscientific party line of supporting gender transition therapy will find themselves maligned and out of a job. Read on
The Facebook page of Culture Watch’s Bill Muehlenberg was temporarily silenced last October (see previous comment) because he discussed Dr Paul R. McHugh’s views on transgenderism. Dr McHugh is the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry. His main claims about transgenderism can be summarised:
- Transgenderism is a mental disorder requiring treatment
- Sex change is biologically impossible
- People promoting sexual reassignment surgery promote a mental disorder
- The suicide rate among transgender people who have undergone gender reassignment is 20 times higher than the rate among non-transgender people
- 70%-80% of children who expressed transgender feelings lost those feeling over time
- The idea of sex misalignment is mistaken. It does not correspond with physical reality
- Surgical intervention can lead to grim psychological outcomes
John Hopkins’s Psychiatrist: Transgender is ‘Mental Disorder’; Sex Change Bilogically impossible
the former psychiatrist-in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital and its current Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry